JAX® Sperm Cryo Kit
Cryopreserve novel mouse strains in your own laboratory and enjoy the peace of mind provided by quality control (QC) testing and safe, long-term storage at The Jackson Laboratory.
- All unique reagents, instruction manual, cryopreservation apparatus, and the plastic ware you need to cryopreserve your strains
- Quality control IVF test to two-cell stage and three years of liquid nitrogen storage for each strain
- Collection dishes, straws, cassettes, freezing apparatus, cryo-protective media, detailed and illustrated instruction manual
- Extra materials for a practice run
- Use of a dry shipper and prepaid freight (for US and Canadian customers)
- Costs 30% less than the JAX® Sperm Cryo Service!
- 'Backs-up' valuable mouse strains against loss
- Saves vivarium space when colonies are inactive
- Limits genetic drift and prevents spontaneous loss of phenotype
- Provides safe, off-site storage of your strains
- Facilitates quick recovery of Specified and Opportunistic Pathogen Free (SOPF) mice
- Facilitate distribution of your strains to other researchers
- Three sizes:
- three-strain kit: $3,750
- six-strain kit: $7,025
- nine-strain kit: $10,150
- Volume pricing: 10% off if three or more nine-strain kits purchased and shipped at one time
- Additional years of storage available for $190/strain/year
- Suitable for strains that can be recovered on C57BL/6J, DBA/2J, C3H/HeJ, FVB/NJ, B6C3F1/J, and B6129SF1/J backgrounds
- JAX performs quality control and stores sperm for three years in three tanks at two sites
- More information available on our frequently asked questions page
JAX offers a special program with preferred pricing on our Kit for academic and non-profit members of our Alliance Program for Transgenic Cores.
Note: The Kit is designed for users familiar with mouse dissection techniques. Successful sperm cryopreservation depends on accurate dissection of the vas deferens and cauda epididymis.