JAX® Genome Scanning Service
The unique JAX-designed SNP panel is used to develop congenic lines, confirm strain identity, detect genetic contamination, and identify B6 substrain background.
If you'd like JAX to do the breeding and genetic analysis, please refer to our Speed Congenic Service instead.
- Economical, reliable, comprehensive
- JAX's years of unsurpassed experience— the first to offer this service
- Based on a unique JAX®-designed SNP marker panel
- Customizeable marker density and selection of strain-specific SNPs at no extra cost
- Multigenerational scans: develop congenic lines bred in your lab, or bred at JAX
- One-time scan: assess donor and host genomes during development of congenic or defined lines
- Verify genetic background
- Detect recent genetic contamination
- Performed using customer-provided mouse tissue (tail) or DNA samples
More details are available regarding our genome scanning services, including sample collection, project expectations, and guidance on when to choose Genome Scanning.