JAX® Genome Scanning Service
Using a unique JAX-designed SNP panel to develop congenic lines, confirm strain identity, and detect genetic contamination.
If you'd like JAX to do the breeding and genetic analysis, please refer to our Speed Congenic Service instead.
New C57BL/6 Substrain Characterization Panel
The C57BL/6J is the progenitor strain from which all other B6 substrains have been derived. Knowing what substrain (or mix of substrain) can help you understand your strain’s expected phenotypic expression when there are differences between substrains. Our characterization panel distinguishes between B6J (000664) and other B6N backgrounds. It utilizes 150 validated SNP markers spaced evenly throughout the genome and covers all autosomes and the X chromosome. The genome-wide spacing averages 15Mb – equivalent to approximately 8 centimorgans.
- Economical, reliable, comprehensive
- JAX's years of unsurpassed experience— the first to offer this service
- Based on a unique JAX®-designed SNP marker panel
- Customizeable marker density and selection of strain-specific SNPs at no extra cost
- Multigenerational scans: develop congenic lines bred in your lab, or bred at JAX
- One-time scan: assess donor and host genomes during development of congenic or defined lines
- Verify genetic background
- Detect recent genetic contamination
- Performed using customer-provided mouse tissue (tail) or DNA samples
More details are available regarding our genome scanning services, including sample collection, project expectations, and guidance on when to choose Genome Scanning and Mouse Diversity Array Services.