JAX® Speed Congenic Service
Producing high health status, genetically well defined congenics in record time. This service combines breeding and genetic analysis in one package.
If you plan to do your own breeding, please refer to our Genome Scanning Service instead.
- Quick: 15-18 months vs. 30-36 months using traditional backcrossing methods
- Saves you time and resources by having us do the breeding and genome scanning
- Delivers high health status, genetically well defined mice
Transfer a mutation onto a pure inbred background to control background effects
- Enhance the phenotype of a mouse disease model
- Improve the vigor of a mouse disease model
- Reduce the size of the donor interval
|$29,800*||includes importation, rederivation, assay transfer fee, genotyping and breeding|
|$26,800||for mice already in Bar Harbor, Maine, including JAX® Mice|
* For standard speed congenic projects; please inquire to receive pricing for customized projects.