JAX® Rederivation Service
Is the health status of your mice confounding your research results, impairing their ability to reproduce, or shortening their lives? We offer two services to restore them to a specified and opportunistic pathogen free (SOPF) health status.
Speed rederivation (including Sperm Cryo)
- Quick turnaround time: 12 to 15 weeks*
- Minimum of eight SOPF pups provided (typically 12 or more)*
- Includes Sperm Cryo Service and two years of storage*
- Enables future recoveries or expansions
- Enables strain importation without quarantine
- A convenient way to receive mice from a collaborator
* If males are too old, we may not have sufficient sperm to freeze and cannot guarantee a minimum number of mice.
C57BL/6 vs. 129 Background Genetic Scan Characterization Panel
Our C57BL/6 vs.129 background characterization panel distinguishes between any B6 and 129 strains. It utilizes approximately 150 evenly spaced SNP markers, covering all autosomes and the X chromosome. The genome-wide spacing averages 15Mb – equivalent to approximately 8 centimorgans. This scan is ideally suited for checking a strain new to you for genetic contamination, to check how congenic it is or to document its genetic composition as part of its cryopreservation records. Price is $159.00/sample tested (typically two samples).
- Requires only two males, 10 to 16 weeks of age, from your colony
- Uses IVF and wild-type oocytes from the appropriate genetic background
- Available for transgenic, knockout, and single gene mutant mice on most commonly used genetic inbred backgrounds
- Shipment includes comprehensive animal health report
- Genotyping available for additional cost
|The typical turnaround time from importation of investigator-supplied mice to arrival of SOPF mice is 12 to 15 weeks.|
- Best suited for rederiving inbreds, homozygotes, or strains with multiple genetic mutations
- Minimum of two pair of SOPF mice provided
- Project typically completed in four to six months (depends on the strain's breeding characteristics)
- Requires four to six males and six to 10 females from your colony
- Includes comprehensive animal health report